Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

My experience Home and Away!!

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
loulou14

My experience Home and Away!!

Postby loulou14 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Well I thought I should write and share my experience with you all.
I had an AMF on saturday at the Spire in Bristol and must say I am very happy with the results.
I was welcomed by the staff and soon lead to the operating room where I was very well looked after. Both Mr Guest and Dr Sasada visited me before the procedure and made me feel very at ease, answering any questions I had.
The surgery was extremely quick (well I thought it was, but then I was almost asleep). I could hear the staff talking but couldn't really tell you what was being said, almost like being in a daydream state but very relaxing. I have had general anasthetic before which wasn't a pleasant experience once I woke, but with local, it was a breeze and would highly recommend it!!
Felt a little pain once the anasthetic wore off, but the nurses were at hand with pain killers which soon sorted that out.
I think the worst part, if you could call it that, was actually being strapped up around the face for a whole night which made me feel quite claustrophobic and I did have a small panic attack in the night because of it, but soon pulled myself out of that!
Also, come to think of it, the removal of the drains was very uncomfortable, but Dr Sasada had spoken to me about this beforehand, so i was quite prepared.
Left the hospital sunday around 1pm, after being visited again by Mr Guest and Dr Sasada.
Woke up on Monday morning with some bruising around my left eye and the tuesday (today), looking more like a bruised apple, but no pain since sunday evening...amazing!
I have been for surgery (not facial) in Brussells and was very disappointed with the whole prodecure and the results themselves.
When you decide to go abroad, you think you are getting a better deal, but please let me tell you from experience, THIS ISN'T THE CASE!!!
The staff were unfriendly, I was treated like something from a cattle market and even had to stand naked in a room where people were walking in an out whilst being douched with Iodine or something similar. I was then strapped to a bed, naked and put to sleep. When I woke I felt like I was in a cell, a small room with a high window and was soon whisked on my way by the surgeon. One in,.....one out!! Aftercare was non exsistent and when I complained about the results, I was belittled by the surgeons "medical opinion". He did offer to correct it, but that was after an hour of arguing with him, but to tell you the truth, I wouldn't have trusted him to go near me again!....Once bitten.....so I left extremely frustrated, annoyed and crying!!!
If anyone is seriously thinking about going abroad for surgery, please make sure you know what you're letting yourself in for. You may save yourself a little bit of money, but in the long run, there is no guarantee you of that as I have had to have my surgery corrected in the UK so it has ended up costing me a whole lot more than i thought!! I should have just stayed in the UK and had in done the first time!
I will keep you all updated with my progress. Back the The Spire tomorrow for my first stitches to be taken out and once I'm fully healed, will gladly share pictures with you all.

beatrice

Re: My experience Home and Away!!

Postby beatrice » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Glad to hear all went well. I am going in for mine on Nov long waiting list .would love to see photos, Did you stay in a BB nearby. I to went abroad about 7 years a go mine was agood experience and we were looked after well , wnr to south africa, yous sounds awful wahat a dreadful experience for you.

Look forward to hearing about your progress
loulou14

Re: My experience Home and Away!!

Postby loulou14 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:20 am

Hi Beatrice
I didn't need to stay in a B&B as I only lived 65 miles away from Bristol, so after the one night stay in hospital, I went home.
I returned on wednesday to have my first few stitches out, which was very uneventful. The nurse was lovely and Mr Guest came in to check his "artwork" and was very pleased with the result, as am I!
I'm glad to hear your experience abroad was a pleasant one, im sure not everyone has a hard time. I just think that having surgery in the Uk is a lot better for the after care and complaints to be recitifed if need be. Anyway, thats all history now.
I am now at days 6 after my AMF and am over the moon with everything! Most of the bruising has gone, I have no pain whatsoever and I feel like a new woman!
I still have a little numbness and swelling around the front of my ears and on my jawline, but have been assured this is normal and I will gain a full recovery of feeling in time.
I am back the the hosptial next wednesday to have th rest of the stitches out and will keep you all posted!

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”